Sunday, May 24, 2009

Too Much Excitement

We went up to Elsinore to help my Mom decorate graves since it is a huge affair up there in Sevier and Piute Counties. It was nice to see Mom and to get a chance to help her out. It was also the first time Logan has been to the clay hill cemetary in Junction and he got a good taste of what it is like to rake/dig/pull weeds off from old graves that are my ancestors. It's always an interesting activity.


Anyway, we left around four o'clock in the afternoon on Saturday, since we were in a hurry to get home since we did round-up today. I was kind of grumpy so I slept till we were almost to Beaver when Logan woke me up to ask me if my battery light was on all the time. I told him that I didn't know. While we were having this conversation, we heard the belt snap and had to pull over.
We hadn't even been pulled off the freeway for a minute when a mini-van stopped to help us. Since there was really nothing they could do, they left. Meanwhile, the engine cooled some and we drove around another mile. this is when Logan had the idea to use one of my shoelaces instead of a belt. While we were doing this, a highway patol officer stopped to help. Again, there was nothing he could do so he left.
We were lucky enough to coast into Beaver on the next try and got to Eagle's Landing where the "mechanic" told us he only does tires. So we go to the Anytime and it's $87.00/hr labor. We finally went to the Napa and bought a belt literally seconds before they closed.
While Logan was trying to figure out how to install it (my car doesn't have a manuel) I decided to try to find internet access and get a diagram. While I was wandering around downtown Beaver, I was approached by a Highway Patrolman who asked, "Are you okay ma'am?" I said, "No, I'm not. Do you know how to change a serpintine belt?" So he gave me a ride back to the car and tried to help. He escorted us to another "mechanic" who "couldn't" fix it and wouldn't even let Logan borrow a tool. So they finally track down an actual mechanic and we had to wait for 30 minutes for him to get there.
Come to find out, I don't actually drive a Saturn SL-1, but a Saturn SL-2. Apparently the lady I bought it from is crazy. The belt didn't fit, he didn't have one and they had to have Napa open up again just for us. Three hours later we were back on the road.
We did find something humorous while stranded at the Chevron/Dairy Queen. Look closely at the picture below...

6 More things to read:

Lucashell said...

What a day you guys had wow...

Thayne and Jenny said...

"Drive Tru!" That's funny! Haha! Weird. How did they mess that up? :)

Anisa said...

Sometimes people that work at those places aren't the smartest....

Sorry you had such bad luck.

Moe said...

Wow, you really did have a pretty crappy weekend. (including the ranch... yuck!) But at least you got to see your momma!

The Busey Family said...

Wow...things are crazy huh? I love that they messed that up in the Drive Tru. hahahahahah!

Lib-Dawg said...

That was a long blog....am I rubbing off on you??? What a trip, or weekend...snakes, broken cars, people who can't spell. Exciting!!!!