Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ranchin' it on the Arizona Strip

This morning at 6am we headed out to the Ranch on the Arizona Strip for Round-Up. Yeah, it's fun...

I really didn't take very many pictures since most of them would be gruesome photos of animals:)

I did take a couple of our nephew Tanner who can always be counted on for entertainment.
These are especially for Debbie, who is missing her first Round-Up in around twenty years. I really didn't do as well this year without her to tell me stories and keep me distracted. Melanie did an awesome job "tending" me though and was super sweet to me even when I was a big baby.

This is Tanner in all of "Grandma's Gear".

Tanner pretending he is a calf about to get branded/chopped/vaccinated/castrated.

This is everyone getting ready for the festivities...I was the counter of cows again...the easy job...until I got freaked out and nearly killed and decided to nap in the retro-chic trailer.


And this is my near-death experience. Yeah, silly me, wanting a drink of water, went to get some out of the cooler. I could only see about four inches of it's extremely fat tummy and it startled me. I didn't scream right away, but as soon as I turned to run it started to rattle and I got freaked and ran screaming to Logan. Ron killed it (THANKS RON!) and all was well, except for me, who never really recovered and was too scared to even pee anywhere.

I think I have had too many reptile experiences lately:)

5 More things to read:

Lucashell said...

That is exactly why I can't take legz to the ranch Grandma has always said. I would be scared to pee too.

Anisa said...

Should we feel guilty that we didn't go?

Logan and Sydney said...

Yes. -Logan

Moe said...

sweetie! a rattler?? that is scary! I would have screamed and ran too. :)

Mrs Buchanan said...

I want to go on a round up it sounds fun! Too bad Cash wasn't there to see the snake, he probably would have freaked out more than you!