Sunday, August 10, 2008

Going to the Movies

Yesterday Logan treated me to a matinee at our neighborhood theater. This was not the usual couple outing, because we went to different movies Chet style (AKA alone).
Logan went to see Hancock.

I didnt want to see this because I am not a Will Smith fan, the only movie I liked him in was Hitch and that was pushing it.

I went to see Mama Mia.
I am a ABBA fan and I am a sucker for musicals. Plus, I used to work with a girl who saw it on Broadway and said it was fun. I loved it. It was pretty cheesey, but everyone needs a little cheesy once in a while! I am going to make Logan watch it on RedBox when it comes out. Logan liked his too, but he said it wasn't what he was expecting at all.
My sister thought it was weird that we went to different movies, but it made us both happy. I got to watch my chic flic without moans from my side and I didnt pester Logan by asking him what was going to happen next. It all worked out and I am assuming this was not the last time we will ever do this.

4 More things to read:

Anisa said...

I think that sounds like the way to go. Ryan goes to movies late at night when the kids and I are in bed. I just don't see movies. It's all good.

Potters said...

That is funny. Maybe that is what I'll have Jordan do with Batman. He wants to go so bad but I just don't want to go. So I talked with Lee and Julie last night and told them that they should get a blog. They said that they have been thinking about it, so we'll have to see what happens :)

Lib-Dawg said...

My roommate has gone to Mamma Mia several times already - she loves it. Maybe I'll rent it. That's funny you went "chet" style.

Mrs Buchanan said...

I went and saw Mamma Mia this weekend as well. It was okay I don't know if I'll watch it again, but maybe. I'm too chicken to go to a movie by myself I'm really thinking about doing it sometime.