Friday, February 1, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Since our blog was getting a little sad, I decided to share with you all my craft that I made, and to everyone’s dismay, there is a story.


I went to Robert’s Craft in need of a Valentine’s Day decoration. I found many adorable things, among which there were some blocks with XOXO on them. I didn’t really want to shell out $15 bucks on them, so I decided to think. My friend Kristie, who I work with, has a Cricut™ and offered to cut me some vinyl stickers for me. She only had a scrap of white vinyl and since it was a spur of the moment kind of thing, I didn’t run to Robert’s in the freezing cold to buy some. I ended up with some adorable 2” letters and a really cute skinny heart. So the next day I went to Robert’s craft and wandered around forever looking for blocks, thinking that they, as a craft store, would surely sell blocks. I finally asked a lady and she looked at me like I was completely stupid. As if I am the only person who wants blocks that I can paint a color of my choice! So, I wandered some more, looking for some inspiration. I was not giving up…I ended up giving up (for the moment at least) my vinyl letters. I purchased some cute little wooden letters (very cheap!) and a back board thing (also, much cheaper than I had anticipated). With a little paint, and the glue gun I got for Christmas, my craft came in with a grand total of about six bucks. Not exactly what I had in mind at the time, but I am pleased with myself, and it was a lot cheaper than $15. (I just realized that the background looks purple, and it's not. It is brown, not really the shade I was hoping for, but it's okay, at least I'm trying!)
-Sydney

5 More things to read:

Lib-Dawg said...

Turned out very cute! I love those letters almost better than the sticker type. See, now this is the kind of stuff you should post - Thanks Sydney!!! Logan, you bully! Posting mean bloggs like that last one! Had to get my two cents in.

Lucashell said...

I did see that at your house yesterday and thought how cute... It is very cute.
Shell

Anisa said...

I'm rather impressed. It is very cute! And what you need to do is have your handy husband cut out some wood blocks for you!

Logan and Sydney said...

I tried to get Logan to cut some, but all he has is a hand saw. I had enough faith in him, but he didn't. He says that there is no way to make blocks with a hand saw.
-Sydney

Kim said...

Very Cute!! Look how creative you are!

I'm glad you posted on my blog b/c I was thinking about wanting to read yours the other night and couldn't remember what it was called!