Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Klint and Ellen Duet

As you all know, many moons ago Aunt Ellen ordered custom cabinets from Klint, at York’s Custom Cabinetry. She has yet to have them installed, because she feels that it will upset Roberta. Last Thanksgiving the kids all went to Las Vegas together and the popular song “Apologize” by Timbaland Feat. OneRepublic (You can find it on Libby's green playlist thing) came on the radio. Klint, the sweetheart that he is, started to sing along with the radio by saying, “It’s too late to call the guys.” I’ve written yet another song, this one depicting a conversation between Aunt Ellen and Klint concerning the cabinet situation. The parts spoken by Aunt Ellen are in red, and the parts spoken by Klint are in blue. Where they sing together it is in purple. Please enjoy, you may sing along if you like.


“Call the Guys”

[Verse 1]
I’m holdin’ off your help,
Cuz Grandma don’t like the sound.
And I know you’ve got your pay,
But you just can’t come around.
I told you that I want them,
And soon you can bring them down…
But wait…
I hope that I’m not sorry,
When you try and come around.
And say…

[Chorus]
It was too late to call the guys.
It’s too late…
You said it’s too late to call the guys
It’s too late
Yeah!

[Verse 2]
We’ll give another chance,
Take a break, come back just for you.
They’ll go in without missing a beat,
And they’re custom too.
You’ll love your finished kitchen
It will look brand new
And you say…
Sorry, but I think
That this year will be too soon

Then I’m afraid…

[Chorus]
It’ll be too late to call the guys
It’s too late…
I said it’s too late to call the guys
It’s too late
Whoa!

[Interlude]

[Chorus]
It’s too late to call the guys
It’s too late.
I said it’s too late to call the guys
It’s too late.

It’s too late to call the guys. YEAH!
I said it’s too late to call the guys. YEAH!
I’m holdin’ off your help
Cuz Grandma don’t like the sound

4 More things to read:

Anisa said...

My creative little brother with too much time on his hands.

There has to be something we can do. Can't she go to mom's for a day?

Ron and Debbie said...

I think they said that Roberta won't even walk into the kitchen anymore so I think that they should go ahead. I love Roberta, but i think she puts on a little act sometimes and she isn't quite as bad as she thinks.
Hope that doesn't sound too mean. I would help Ellen more with Roberta but she won't asked me.
Logan, too bad you can't make some money writing songs for us!

Mrs Buchanan said...

I love this song, maybe we can get them to record it so I can have it on my ipod. Still laughing!!! Grandma does put on an act. I think she feels that it is the only way to get attention, is to give everyone feel bad, and make them feel sorry for her.

Lib-Dawg said...

Okay - that was HILARIOUS! I just want you to know that all four of us, Cash, Klint, Summer and I read it together and had a good laugh!!! (couldn't comment though, we were haveing computer difficulties.)I will quote the words of Klint when reading it, "Shhhit!". Way funny! In reguards to Roberta and Ellen...no my mom will not ask for help...you just have to go over there and do it? All she really wants is people to visit her - Roberta. Yes, I will agree that a lot of Grandma is an act, but now I don't think she even can remember what she is doing???