Two years ago tomorrow, I woke up and had no idea that that very night I would meet someone who would completely change my life. I remember being excited as I dressed and got ready for the “Bring Back Summer” party my roommates and I had been invited to. What we didn’t know is that this party was also a birthday party for a guy we had never met named Logan Blake. We were some of the first to arrive all decked out in our Hawaiian outfits. We immediately saw our acquaintances Ross and John, the almost-strangers who showed up at our front door the week before to invite us. It was at their apartment at Willow Brook and the Beach Boys were blasting out of the speakers so loudly that we could hear them from the parking lot. Ross was blending up some virgin margaritas and daiquiris. He called back the hallway and Logan shyly stepped into the room. He was wearing a navy blue t-shirt and board shorts; I also remember his blue eyes. Logan, it seemed, was not very social, for he remained in the kitchen while we awkwardly huddled on the couch trying to fight the frigid air that hit us each time the door opened to admit more guests. By now I had finished with my margarita and set off for the kitchen to try a daiquiri. It was then that I was offered cake by the shy, yet very attractive boy. (It was Aunt Ellen’s strawberry cake). I remember feeling really stupid and racking my mind for something clever to say. I think I said something like, “This cake is weird, but it’s good.” Then returning to the couch feeling defeated. If I recall correctly, we left around 11:30 to go and catch a midnight movie, all except Mandy who thankfully stayed to get to know Logan a little bit better. If it weren’t for this, I may have never got the second chance to make an impression (which turned out to be snobby, by the way). He remembered Mandy for being so outgoing, Julie for eating all of his chip dip, and Brittney because everyone remembers Brittney. Who would have thought that his future wife would be the one went completely unremembered at his birthday party? I finally made an impression at his 80’s party a couple of months later (thank goodness I was inspired to purchase those tight pleather pants at D.I. for the party!) but by then he was dating someone…that’s another story, but the point is that it has been two short years since I first met the love of my life. Happy Birthday Baby and thank you for giving me a second (and third) chance!!! I love you!!
25 Things I love about Paris
10 years ago
3 More things to read:
We're glad he found you, Sydney!!!
Good times :) I can't believe it was 2 years ago when we were all crazy college students having fun and know we are just boring married people. Happy Birthday Logan. Thanks for the short story Syders!
Don't you always say stuff like:
"It so wierd but I like it"?
"It was wierd but good"
"It's just wierd"
"That was wierd"
"He was wierd"
"She was wierd"
"You know what was wierd"?
"I found something wierd"?
I could go on and on....
Happy B-Day Wierdo!!!
Post a Comment