I don't really know what to say about selling this car other than it's sad. But we needed a van. And the Escape has been amazing to us.
I think Logan has always kind of regretted buying this car. He traded in the blue Chevy on it, and feels like he payed too much to a dealer he hated.
This is what Logan was driving when we met. He had had it for just over a year at that point, and I remember being impressed he had such a nice car when my roommates and I froze some granny panties to its windshield in the fall of 2006.
It's the car we dated and fell in love in. Spinning donuts in the stadium parking lot, sliding into the curb trying to get me to my afternoon Spanish class which turned out to be cancelled due to snow, and listening to country music "if that's what my baby likes". I remember Gold Digger coming on the radio and laughing hysterically because Logan knew all the words (I still do), I remember making out at the "C" (don't tell anyone, haha). And driving away with "Just Married" written on the back window in August 2007.
I guess my sadness at selling the Escape stems not only from our history in this car, but also that this car represents so much of my youth. So many memories, so much laughter and joy. I guess it's just hard to let that go, but our family has outgrown it, and that's the way life goes. I sincerely hope the next owner takes care of it, and has just as many good memories as I do in our Ford Escape.
25 Things I love about Paris
10 years ago
0 More things to read:
Post a Comment