Saturday, May 17, 2014

Big Boy Bed

Chapter has always hated his crib.  He would never go to sleep in it, we always had to hold him or take him into bed with us and then make the transfer when he was deeply asleep.  It was exhausting.  I'd been toying around with the idea of getting him a bed for a while but everyone said that it was a nightmare to transition them into one.  Getting a bed for Chapter was literally the best thing we could have done.  In fact, I wish we had done it months ago.  He has only fell out of it 3 times in the past month.  He sleeps so much better in there and it is amazing for me and Logan to be able to sleep at night.  I think Chapter must have hated the confinement of his crib.  I guess he's just a free spirit:)  And I must admit that my heart melts a little every time I see my boy all snuggled up under the blanket I made for him.



This is Chapter demonstrating the toy holding capabilities of his new bed.  The drawers are amazing!  They hold so many toys and it's really easy to clean them up now.  

I threw this in just to showcase the awesome sign that Santa brought Chap.  And, yes, the crib is still in his room.  And, no, that doesn't mean that I'm pregnant.  We just don't have the desire to disassemble it and take it downstairs to clog up the spare bedroom.  


 I also wanted to highlight the AMAZING print that my friend Katie Gish made for Chap's room.  We're a little obsessed with Seuss at our house.  Plus, I think that no truer words were ever spoken:)

0 More things to read: