Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Worst Idea I have had in a Long Time

(Bad pictures again)

I had this idea a long long time ago to ease myself into quilting by creating holiday pillow covers that are pieced quilt blocks. The first quilt block took me two hours. The second only took 30 min. But they ended up different sizes (of course) and I had to "customize" the surrounding fabric to fit the pillow. They are all done now. Was it harder than I had imagined? YES! Do they look like I dreamed they would? Almost. Was it worth it? Probably not. Will I ever make the other holidays? I think I may switch my idea from holiday to seasonal. There are a lot of holidays, but only 4 seasons ;)

1 More things to read:

Anisa said...

I think they are cute... and once you get the hang of it, they go much quicker. They are just covers so you can change them and they take up tons less storage space? I think it's a great idea... I was going to do that once... and never did. Maybe someday... you keep inspiring me!