Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Couple of Surprises/Projects


The first surprise project is for the Hubster.


He purchased this little beauty at Bed Bath and Beyond a little while ago to go with the stove he got for Christmas. The first chance we got to use it was on our Moab trip. It works great, but is a little inconvenient to carry. So....



I made it a carrying case! I really hope Logan doesn't look this up on his phone, because I want it to be a surprise when he gets home! I used left over materials from this project, including red canvas, black strap stuff (I can't remember it's proper name) and a long plastic zipper. I am so proud of myself because it fits!

My next special surprise is for an extra special lady. It'll be her birthday soon and she LOVES grandma-ish house slippers. (She doesn't read my blog, but if you know her, don't tell her, okay???)

I remember seeing a post on Ruffles and Stuff about embellishing this type of slipper, and I have been saving it for this birthday. Mine aren't quite as fancy as the example, but I made them myself and that is sure to make this lady very proud.


I also made the embellishments removable for washing, because this lady likes to traipse outside to feed the cat in these on occasion and frequently washes her slippers. I think she will especially like this little convenience.

Yay for me! I have had a great crafty day! Now does anyone want to come over and clean up my messes??? ;)

3 More things to read:

brittney said...

No, I dont want to clean your mess, but I would love to get together for a project day sometime. haha

Anisa said...

Seriously... I am super impressed. I have never even sewn a zipper in anything. It looks great and fit perfect! You are awesome!

Super cute slippers. You need to get me back into crafting:)

Kim said...

You are a crafty sewing queen!!