On Tuesday I went with my Practicum first grade class to Snow Canyon. I was really excited about it since it was my last day with them and we got to have fun on a field trip. It was fun, sort of. Imagine me, I am only given 5 little boys to be in charge of, and I've still got my hands full. The lady ranger's first words are "I am a Naturalist." So we go on a hike. These little kids are not allowed to make noise (they might frighten the wildlife) and they can't step off the trail. I totally get that, but they are seven year old boys. This was my biggest problem. They wanted to kick plants and pull leaves off, they wanted to stomp on snake holes and frighten the lizards before anyone else in the group could see. I ended up with a big headache. This is the only "legal" picture I can show you since no faces can be seen (the blue shirts are my little charges).When we were getting back to the school and off the bus one of the teachers fell and had to go home. This meant that me and my "dyad" Moenika took over Mrs. W's class while she took the injured teacher's class. It was fun, and it would have been better if we weren't worn out already. There were only 11 kids there that day so it wasn't bad at all. We read them some stories and then did a writer's workshop about the field trip in which the students wrote about their favorite part.
This is the fun part. These are my table buddies at school. Sorry the pic is a little blurry. These are the coolest girls I have ever met! We spend 6 hours a day, two days a week sitting together and you get to know a person pretty well that way. The one in the green stripes is my dyad Moe. The others are Kim, Jessica, Whitney, and Nicole. We have the best time and everyone is jealous that we're the cool table...jk...but we have so much fun together all the time!
9 More things to read:
What do you mean by "legal" picture? Can you not take photos of kids?
Not of their faces without parental consent.
What? You can't handle 5 little boys? Ummm, boys can not stay on the trail and stay quiet. They don't work that way. How fun for you! I'll let you take my 3 little boys to Snow Canyon next time we're down! By then it will be over 100 degrees and they can all share one water bottle!
Oh fun! Yay us... seriously, our table makes school fun. Heck, our table makes my life fun. I'm gunna miss those kids.
Oh p.s. I really am sorry about your water bottle, that's disgusting.
That's funny about the water bottle. Looks like you have a great group of girls to work with. It's funny how you become so close to people in your program. I have made some great friends in my program.
That's so fun that you got to take the kids to Snow Canyon! That was pretty nice of you to share your water bottle. I have to guess that some of the parents probably wouldn't be too happy to know that they couldn't have their water bottles on the hike though :O)
This is as long as one of Libey's posts. I gave up.
Lucas
That's what Logan said.
Post a Comment