So Kim's story about the lizards inspired me to tell my story involving reptiles. As some of you may know I have been "raising" a tadpole named Pickle (he lived in a pickle jar, and I'm sorry Joren, I know this was your name too). I caught him on one of our walks down to the Virgin River. It was really cool to watch him grow legs, "arms", and (well I actually didnt see him actually turn into a froggy cuz we were rafting). HE WAS ADORABLE!!
So I started researching to see what kind he was. After finding the species that are found in the Virgin and looking I decided he was probably a pacific tree frog, because he was getting pretty green. He was about the size of a dime (legs and everything!). Well I got feeling guilty about keeping him and we went to set him free, but he just sat there on my hand looking like "You're joking, right?" and so I kept him. So two days later I decided I had to this time. He wasnt eating the food and too small for crickets. So we set him free Saturday night. Again, he looked at me like he loved me (I've been driven crazy with lonliness I guess since i'm buds with a frog). So he got in the water, swam, and came back to us. I REALLY wanted to keep him but I think he'll do better in the wild. Plus, I am pretty sure I was right cuz we saw a bunch of little red-spotted leopard frogs ( I recognized them from my research) down there. What are the odds that the pollywog I caught was the rare one???
25 Things I love about Paris
10 years ago
7 More things to read:
Poor Mommy! Gives you good practice when your kids go to school for the first time or get married. I'm really impressed with the research you did.
Debbie
You should have kept him. You could have done a little more research to figure out what to feed him... maybe. Brenner has been asking for a pet almost every day. I told him not until he's 5.
And Joren has long since given up on the name Pickle. He's usually the Hulk and sometimes he's even just Joren.
You know when you get prego your little baby will start out as a polly wog...
syd-
you are seriously one of the funniest people I know! Preston and I were wondering if you kept the frog because the house plants were all dying!!! I am sitting in your hometown wondering what the heck there is to do her. So, because I can't find anything else I am watching two people sleep! Come visit us soon - we are collating all week and probably next!
Ahhhhhh, how cute! LOGAN--SHE NEEDS A BABY! Or at least a kitty!
And yeah, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come colate with us!
NO CATS!!!
There PEE is like acid you cannot ever get it out of carpet, furniture, ect... Plus you will get little pieces of hair in your mouth and food all the time.
Get a gold fish there small and when they die you just flush them... No Hair to deal with no pee to deal with...
Sydney- I love your story- I used to collect tadpoles all the time. But I wasn't smart enough to let them go (like you) and they all died:0( I'm sorry I missed you at the cleaners when I went into pick up Ryan's suit. I hope you're having a fun summer- we still need to get together. If you ever want to do lunch- just call me:)!
Post a Comment