Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Logan Thoughts: Country Song Gone Good?

So today as I sat eating the wonderful fresh veggies dad gave us (Thanks Dad), I thought to myself I've never tried to see if there was a wireless internet connection that we could get on. Well as it turns out there is, albeit it's not the best, but here I am blogging again. Aren't you all excited?
In the past, and still in the present, there have been many songs that were first country and then a pop version came out or first pop and then a country version was made. Some examples are: I Will Always Love You by Dolly Parton, then Whittney Houston, I Swear by All 4 One, then John Micheal Montgomery. For the most part the country versions have been quite lame, if you ask me, well at least not a good as the pop, because some were bad either way. One present day song that comes to mind is the Lips of an Angel song by Hinder. Jack Ingram sings a version and it's just plain terrible. Let's not forget good old Reba forcing Kelly to sing a horrible duet with her of the Because of You song (Kelly's wasn't that great either but it was better than Reba). Lately though I stand corrected. There is this song sung on the pop stations called No Air. It is sung by some little know American Idol winner named Jordin Sparks and a popular young Hip Hop singer named Chris Brown. Any of you that hear song would most surely be sick of it by now and would agree that it's not that great. Sydney rants and raves that it shouldn't be a duet because it doesn't make sense for both of them to be sad that the other broke up with them. I agree, who made who sad to begin with? Well, on KONY they've played a country version of this song. It's not a duet and it's shockingly better. Come to find out it sung by a young African American singer Rissi Palmer, which I thought was strange because the voice doesn't fit.
Anyway I mostly wanted to tell you with all this that sometimes the country version is better, but it's such a rarity that it warrants its own post.

2 More things to read:

Lucashell said...

Well I likes the Kelly verson "because of you" better than when Reba and Kelly did a duet I think it is not very good.

Mrs Buchanan said...

I think that it is a bit strange that Reba and Kelly sing "Because of you" as a duet.