Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring Crick Over nighter

As you probably all know Cash planned a back packing trip this last weekend. I was fortunate enough to get invited. The route was to hike to the back of Spring Crick climb out of the canyon and then come down the Kanarra Mountain trail. It was fun and there were many adventures and obstacles that we had to deal with that we didn't know about or expect. for instance all of the deep snow that was in the bottom of the canyon that would give way when you walked on it.



Ladders to climb, thick brush to fight and cold nights to endure. Some things might have been easier with a guide, but that wouldn't have made for a good story. One thing I did get to try out was something I learned from Bear Grylls. Bear was in Patagonia walking a cross a frozen glacier and it was really treacherous and slippery. He said if you didn't have spikes you could put your socks on you're shoes and that would give you some traction. That is what he did, he pulled of his Smart Wool socks and put them on his shoes and then he could walk. Well on the way down the Kanarra Mountain trail there was a lot of steep icy snow and i was slipping all over the place and I remembered that show so I put my dirty pair of Smart Wool socks over my shoes and I could walk a lot better.




I just thought all you non-believers out there would like to know that there is good stuff being taught on Man Vs. Wild. - Logan

3 More things to read:

Ron and Debbie said...

You should have waited for warmer weather. Logan, are we a little obsessed with this 'Bear' dude!!!
Oh, just cuz us ole hicks say 'crick' doesn't mean you need to spell it that way. ha ha

Lucashell said...

Ok I was super jealous. But seeing the snow I am now not. I love backpacking trips but not in snow. You guys are crazy!!!

Meagan said...

hi sydney- I hope you don't mind I found your blog off Kim's blog site. It would be fun to keep in touch with you this way. I love your blog- you guys look like you do lots of fun things. too bad we didn't get a chance to hang out when we lived in Cedar. If your ever in St. George and want to ahng out- look us up!