I was just thinking about school almost being out for the summer and about what I was up to a year ago. I couldn't help remember that it was around a year ago that I found out that Logan Blake is crazy.
He took me to Zion's with his roommates and their dates to go hiking. (You all must remember that in my family we never did any "hiking" that involved more than a short stroll down a paved trail. )
We went to the Emerald Pools, which I totally can handle. I did it in 8th grade and came out just fine. What I didn't take into account was that I was dealing with a serious hiking fanatic.
He had told me that a girl had thrown up hiking with him once in the past, this concerned me a bit since my body's reaction to just about every feeling is to puke.
We started out just fine, but it didn't take long for me to realize that I was way in over my head with this guy. Picture me, if you will, literally being dragged behind Logan by the hand at an unnatural pace. We encountered a retired couple in the exact same mode. (I silently wondered to myself if that would me my future, I know now it is.)
We were just about there, and I had an overwhelming feeling of nausea. I tried to be a good sport. I really did, but Logan had to leave me behind so he could see the pools and then come back to retrieve me. The picture was after I had sat alone for a while and got a bit better. But if you look, you can see what had happened to me. I had been drug up a trail by a madman.
25 Things I love about Paris
10 years ago
3 More things to read:
Sounds like you need to go to the gym, if you are about to puck hiking an easy trail like that. The one that girl threw up on was straght up a montain, not some easy groomed trail.
Lucas
Hi Sydney
I was just joking when I was telling you about the back packing trip. Deb has never been back packing, and you shouldn't if you don't feel comfortable doing so.
P.S. I hope you and that maucho Lucas don't start fighting like Logan and Libby. Deb says that Lucas and Logan don't have any tact like their Dad.
Love Dad
I have to say that it made me very happy that Ron signed that comment "Dad". Thanks, that really means a lot dad.
-Sydney
Post a Comment