Friday, March 21, 2008

Tuweep! Tuweep!

Last Saturday Sydney and I, well I came up with the idea, decided to go to the Grand Canyon. It has been a while since either of us had been to the Grand Canyon and I saw something on the Travel Channel that said it was the most visited natural wonder in the world with over 5 million visitors each year. We left with a packed lunch and drove all day it seemed to get down there and back. I picked to go to Tuweep because it is free and it is a lot closer than the North or South Rim. I like Tuweep because you can go right up to the edge and it is also cool just the shape of how deep it is to its width.



This is me drinking Bear Grylls style. - Logan


P.S. Okay, this picture needs an explanation. The toilets at Tuweep were the worst toilets I have ever smelled. They were WAY WORSE than the usual "hole in the ground" toilets. These were composting toilets. The idea is that you go, and add a scoop of wood chips in afterward. It said let the wood chips do their job while you do yours. I went in and immediately ran out gagging. The only way I could go through with this is by stuffing my nose full of toilet paper. Logan thought this was great. Just to give you guys an idea about the stink, it was like a human store. You know how pet stores smell like pet pee and wood chips? This smelled like human pee and wood chips. That is all. -Sydney

10 More things to read:

Lucashell said...

Looks like you guys had fun.. So I guess I am the only one in the family who has never been to the Grand canyon or Lake Powell or Yellow Stone or shall I go on... Can you all say "LOSER"!
Shell

Lib-Dawg said...

Those are some awesome pictures!!! Shellie, I need to go to the Grand Canyon - we live this close and I have never been. I have flown over it one time on the way to Kentucky and the pilot was nice enough to point it out and take his time flying over it! We should plan a trip there!!! Sydney, love the picture of you and the toilet paper!!!

Lucashell said...

Sydney
BTW-If you have a choice between nature and an outhouse always choose nature. You never know what disease might catch just stepping into an outhouse. I prefer nature who cares if a snake might bites you at least you wouldn't have hepatitis (now that would be imberassing).
Shell

Anisa said...

That looks really fun. I don't know about going on some back road to Tuweep, but it is less crowded and more scenic.

Sorry about the outhouse. I'm with Shellie. I'd just go behind a bush or something.

Mrs Buchanan said...

Libby loves using outhouses. She especially likes to stir them, and yet she will not empty grandma's pot, what is up with that? I love the pictures they made me laugh!!!

Ron and Debbie said...

I'm glad to see Syd is ready to go to the ranch, now she can use an out house. After that experience the groover will be no problem whatever.
Ron

Lucashell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucashell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucashell said...

Oh yea the "GROOVER" - HAHAHAHAHAHA

Kim said...

EWWWWWW!!!!