Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Our Weekend Getaway

So Libby told me to post about our weekend getaway, and tell everyone what we did, so here it is...

Logan and I had a blast this past weekend. We started out by skipping school, which is totally against Logan's beliefs, but we had so much fun! We left Cedar Thursday night and headed to SLC. We stopped and visited my Aunt and Uncle in Sandy before heading over to Lucas and Shellie's. We had only been there once and had a bit of trouble finding it in the dark. We ended up in some neighborhood way out on the west side of Salt Lake where there was not a house in sight! Finally he gave in and allowed me to call Shellie (something I had been trying to do for quite some time!). When we finally got there Shellie and I made those cute blocks that she has posted on her blog.

The purpose of out getaway was my close friend and former neighbor's wedding in the Salt Lake Temple. It was the first time that Logan and I had ever been. It was a very chilly day and I ofcourse had forgotten a temple appropriate jacket (I only had a hoodie). It was a very nice ceremony and Julie looked absolutley fabulous. Her and her husband Lee seem very happy together and I am just thrilled for them.

We went to Park City with Anisa and Shellie later that day. Logan is such a sweetheart because he bought me new pants!!! I have been having issues for the past year or so because I lost some weight when moved to Cedar. I HAVE PANTS THAT FIT ME!!! Thanks Logan!

On Saturday we shopped around and we went to Ikea (is that how you spell it?). I thought that it was the coolest store I had ever been in! I could just look around in there for hours! Logan is totally taking me back sometime. They have so many fun things and accessories to look at. We also were looking for a couch. I cannot stand the futon anymore. We had a few minor disagreements on style and material. All of the couches which fit me and feel good to sit on are too low backed for Logan. He wants a giant leather sofa that tips my head funny when I sit on it. He told me we could get the couch I want if we project the TV onto the ceiling! He is such a "card" (that's for you Debbie!). We havent made any official decisions, but Shellie found one that we can both agree on, but I'm still not sure about the leather thing.

We stayed at my Mom's Saturday night and were able to visit with her. She loves it when we come and visit. Overall it was a marvelous weekend and we are getting a little spoiled with a three day weekend just two school days before Thanksgiving break!

Sydney

5 More things to read:

Anisa said...

Thanks for coming up. We had tons of fun!!! You forgot about all the fried food that we ate. Brenner really enjoyed having you around.

Ron and Debbie said...

What is it with my boys that have to be so picky about house things? At least they are willing to get something for their house, not like their dad who would be happy to sleep on a board and sit on a cut in half plastic barrel.

Lib-Dawg said...

I am so glad you posted about your weekend...Sounds very adventurious. I always have a blast when I go up and stay with the Scholes/Blakes in SLC...Sydney, your a card!!!

Lucashell said...

Sydney,
Tip your taste is Logan's Taste the sooner you realize the Blakes are in charge the more you will agree and the less picky you will think Logan is - Debbie what did you do to your kids - They are all so "DAMN" picky!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey hun! The reception was nice, but i'm sure they appreciated you being at the wedding more than the reception. I doubt I'll go to Mandy's...i mean i didn't even make it to yours and i luv you!! Why would i go to hers...so that was mean, but the truth hurts. Oh and Congrats on the new pants!!j/k