Monday, January 19, 2009

A Question of Manners

When one is invited to dinner party, and one does not like the menu, is one allowed to request a change of the menu? Multiple times even? Or is it the role of the host/hostess to determine the menu and the guests just have to deal with it? Please leave comments about what your opinion is.

11 More things to read:

Lucashell said...

I think is is the Host/Hostess, the reason being is we had a dinner part last saturday and one of our guests was a vegitarian. So we adjusted our menu!

Logan and Sydney said...

Logan's friend and his wife keep saying, "Well, we don't like that...We don't like that"
I was just bugged.

Lucashell said...

Well that is a diffrent story.. It is one thing to adjust the menu to accomidate a vegitarian (so they have something to eat since we were thinking of doing steaks) it is another to say "We don't like that" Lucas and me think that is just plain rude....

Logan and Sydney said...

ME TOO! Logan thinks it's okay. I think it's just because he's still in the "dating" stage of friendship with him...anything he does is just fine!!!

Anisa said...

At first I thought maybe you were trying to say that Logan was telling you what to cook. But, so if you invite someone to your house, then they don't get to decide what you cook. They should just be grateful.

Lib-Dawg said...

I agree with Anisa...If I ever get invited over to someone's house for dinner I am always grateful no matter what they serve - heck it's a free meal!!!

Lib-Dawg said...

P.S. You should not have these friends over any more if they are going to complain about your food. I think you are great cooks - I especially love that sweet and sour pork meal...mmmm, can you have me over some time soon???

Kim said...

The phrase is "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!" I don't even adjust the menu for my own family!

Logan and Sydney said...

What if I said, "We're going to have sweet and sour pork, do you like that?" He said, "I do but she doesn't." Then I went on to ask well do you like this and this really finding out what they like. I'm sure that if I made something they would have not complained. I miss communicated the story to Sydney. You all can say it is rude and maybe it is a little, but I did open it up to let him disapprove what I was going to make. - Logan

Kim said...

Ok Logan, you're right, it's your fault! LOL, I'm just kidding! I guess if you tell someone what you're planning on making, you do open yourself up to wrinkled noses, but just the same, you guys went out of your way to invite them over so they should have appreciated the gesture.

Mrs Buchanan said...

I think you need to be courteous and just eat the food. The host/hostess worked hard to plan the menu you at least need to act like you are enjoying the food.