Tuesday, October 4, 2016

San Antonio Day 1

I basically have the best husband ever.  Even if we did have to shame him in to letting me go a little bit:)

I went to San Antonio, Texas for a girl's weekend with my high school friends/freshman roommates.

It was pretyy much a miracle.  We all had the same weekend available, all husbands/fiance were on board, and we had a place to stay and cheap flights.

This idea started brewing in the spring when Logan and I were looking for cheap places to fly for a family vacation.  We noticed that flights to Houston were affordable and I have a friend (Julie) who lives there.  I talked to her a little bit about it, but then Logan ended up taking the scouts rafting and using his vacation time for that.  Then during our high school reunion I said something about a girls night in Texas, totally joking, and Mandy and Julie and Brittney acted interested.  Then we found out flights to San Antonio were cheap too.  So we booked it about 2 weeks later.

My Friday, Sept 16 started at 3am.  I drove Logan's truck across town to catch the shuttle to the Las Vegas Airport.  We arrived there about 5am Nevada time.  My flight left around 7.  I was originally assigned the very back seat with no window, but the flight literally had like 30 people on it, and they let us sit wherever we wanted.  I chose a window seat just behind the wing, and I got to experience my first daytime flight with a window seat.  It was beautiful!  God is amazing!  I thoroughly enjoyed that.


My flight got in a couple hours before Brittney's, so I hung around at the San Antonio Airport until she arrived.  Then Mandy picked us up with a Texas sized Dr. Pepper:)


We headed straight to the Alamo.  It's small, free, and not a lot to it.  I had read a book about it prior to going, but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have known anything.  There is very little information there.  That was kind of disappointing.  So many people visit and have no clue. 


Then we hit up the River Walk.  SO PRETTY!  We took a little $10 cruise and it really made it easy to see and learn everything.  

 After that we went to a yummy mexican place called Taqueria Data Point and it was delish!

We finished the night off with some pedicures.  Day one was a blast!









1 More things to read:

Lib-Dawg said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I was disappointed the first time i saw the Alamo, nothing really to it. Also glad that you were able to pick a new seat on the flight. Curious to see what your girls trip next year is. :)