Tuesday, October 4, 2016

San Antonio Day 2

Saturday we were planning to go to Waco early and spend time there and in Austin, but Julie didn't make it there until about 11am because of baby troubles and we decided it was too late to spend that long in the car.  So we hit the missions.  We were planning on going on Sunday, but I'm glad we didn't wait because it took most of the day and it was so worth it!  We started out by going to see the temple and then to eat at a place called La Gloria, where I had a Texas sized tamale that was the food highlight of the trip:) 

This is Mission San Jose.  It's by far the grandest mission and is SO BEAUTIFUL!  


 However, Mission Espada was my favorite.  It's tiny, and weirdly homey.  I just loved this place.

The takeaway from this day is that I am well suited to dry heat.  I was made for St. George:)  Haha.  My hair is weird, and my heavy RayBans would barely stay on my face it was so humid and sweaty!  Yuck!

0 More things to read: