Tuesday, October 4, 2016

San Antonio Days 3 and 4

Sunday we pretty much just hung out and went to church.  I also found out that I am definitely a Utah mormon in the sense that I really love wards with a variety of ages.  Mandy's ward felt like a young married ward with 10,000 kids.  Don't get me wrong, I loved that sacrament meeting with almost deafening, but I really like the perspective of many age groups in lessons.  It adds depth and experience that I as a person who is still (barely) in my 20s, lack.

On Monday, Britt left around 6 for her 8 o'clock flight.  Mandy and I wend to a thrift store that is only for kids stuff.  It was SO FUN!  I'm such a mom/nerd:)  I stuffed my carry-on just as full as I could, haha.  Then she dropped me off at the airport.  I was SO EXCITED to see La Gloria at the airport.  Sadly, it is a sit down restaurant, and I was paranoid about being late for my flight so I ate at a chicken place called Raising Cane's and it was pretty good.  But then my flight was delayed, and the gates switched and we ended up leaving late.  I totally could have had a tamale for the road.  My one regret about Texas.  I'm still sad about it.


To make up time we took a "bumpy shortcut" back to Vegas.  Who knew?  And I sat by a really nice girl on the way back, it was really fun to chat with her. We arrived only about 20 minutes delayed and my family picked me up.  I was so happy to see my kiddies and my Logan!  It had been a long, tiring, fun and memorable 4 days.  There has been talk that this needs to happen yearly, I'm not so sure about that, but please, let's not wait another 9 years to all get together!

0 More things to read: