For National Park Week Chap and I headed to Zion as a last minute sort of thing. I'd been toying around with the idea all week but when I realized it was Friday I decided to go and within about 30 minutes we had a lunch packed and we were on the road. The main reason for my procrastinating was that I was worried about using the trams with a stroller all alone. And although it was stressful at times, everyone was so nice and I got help at almost every stop. That's something I love about National Parks is that everyone there is so happy to be there that they are kind and friendly.
The whole drive up I was just praying that this would be the peaceful, restorative trip I needed. I've been a little off my game lately and I'm not sure why. I've always felt a good feeling in Zion, it's a pretty special place. And although this trip maybe wasn't all I was hoping for it taught me a couple of things. The most important being that I'm a big girl and I can go places by myself. The other one being that I need to buy a hiking backpack to hold my kid before I ever go anywhere like this again:)
I need to get Libby to teach me how to take better self-portraits ;)
Having a snack in the wilderness.
Chap making his squeaking balloon sound to entertain everyone at the tram stop.
All tuckered out for the drive home.
In closing I'm going to leave you with a funny story. While waiting for the tram at Weeping Rock a lady about my mom's age was helping a really old lady to walk (presumably her mother). The old lady was like, "Why do they leave all the dead trees just lying around? It looks so bad. Can't they get someone to clean them up?" to which the lady my mom's age replies, "These hippies think they're decorative!" I love overhearing strange conversations. It's one of my favorite things to do at restaurants too:)
0 More things to read:
Post a Comment