Monday, April 15, 2013

Logan's Test/SLC/Lots of Pictures

We went to Salt Lake this past weekend so Logan could take his Professional Engineering test to get his license.  Chapter had been a little sick so I was a little worried it would be a nightmare but he did so well!  

 He rode alone just fine for about half the trip both directions.  Then the second half I rode in the back with him.
 
We stayed at the Hyatt at the Gateway in downtown Salt Lake City.  It was the perfect location for our purposes.  Logan could walk to take his test at the Salt Palace (and not have to pay for parking) and I could walk to the Gateway, Temple Square, and City Creek (and not kill us in a fiery car accident). This is what our room looked like (Picture stolen from the website).


 While Logan was testing from 7-5 Chapter had a marvelous time touring Temple Square for the first time.  He made a lot of new friends and was particularly in love with two Canadian sister missionaries at the Beehive House.
 I forgot a utensil to eat my cup of noodles with so I had to eat it with Chapter's spoon.
 Which was kind of sucky:)
 When Logan got back he was tired, but we still went out to eat and walked around.

 Our little jail bird slept really well in his hotel crib.  He didn't wake up once! Which is pretty much a once a month sort of situation. I think he was worn out by his 6+ hours of strolling that day.

On Saturday we walked in the freezing cold back down to City Creek so Logan could admire the planter boxes he inspected while working for a week in Salt Lake about 2 years ago.  I remember because I sent him a fake speeding ticket from Salt Lake for April Fools that year.  Then we toured the roof of the conference center because Logan and Chapter had never done it and we rode Trax 2 blocks back to the hotel parking lot (it was REALLY COLD).  Then we came home.  It was a fun trip.  I'd do it again (although hopefully we don't have to!)

1 More things to read:

Anisa said...

glad you had fun... I used to love to take my kids downtown... when we lived there.