Monday, April 1, 2013

Getting in touch with my Inner Grandma

My Grandma Holm made these for us when we were little.  I don't know if it was every year or not but I do remember being disappointed when I got the first one and my mom told me I couldn't eat it.  The one that sticks out most in my memory was white with peach frosting.  I kept that one forever.

If you don't know what this is it's basically a hollow egg made out of sugar and decorated with royal icing.  I've been meaning to make one forever but I finally got to it this year.  It was really fun to make and it made me think about my grandma:)

2 More things to read:

Jack said...

Best blog title goes to you!

That looks fun! And I still haven't packed up my egg dye I bought. I tell myself, it's a spring activity. I can still dye eggs right? Jack has been so ridiculously busy I keep waiting for him to have time to do it with me... So if in the next month you want to come dye eggs with us, let me know! ;)

Jack said...

Oh, and I guess I'm in Jack's account... He's not talking in first person