Friday, June 1, 2012

NO WOLVES IN UTAH!!!!

 The following is a hilarious conversation between two teenage girls that Sydney found on her Facebook page.  She has no idea why she read the whole thing but she shared it with me because it was so funny.  This is an excellent example of why you should teach your children about privacy settings, and who they should be friends with:)



Girl 1:  NO WOLVES IN UTAH!!!!! They said they moved out of Utah when the settlers came in and the wolves moved out and they don’t expect any more to come in, in the near future!!! Yay, I did my research!!! They have seen a grey wolf a long time ago on May 6th they said they spotted 4 wolfs... they said they didn’t know if they were wolves for sure they could have been dog-wolf breed or something so NO WOLVES YAY!!!!!

 Girl 2:  They are already in Utah! Up north. They are going to be here soon.

 Girl 1:  No, research it. I looked and it said they have only sighted them, they are not in Utah.  They said that pack of 4, that they think was wolves, would be the first pack of wolves in Utah and they were talking about removing them from Utah if they ever came into Utah and it is not likely that they will come in the near future. And do you know what kind of wolf it is?

 Girl 2:  Grey wolf, timber wolf I don’t know, and go and check how recent that research is.

 Girl 1:  “The gray wolf, Canis lupus, once inhabited much of the Northern Hemisphere, including North America, Asia, and Europe. The species has been driven from much of its former range by humans, but populations still exist in some areas of Alaska, Canada, northern Mexico, the northern United States, and Asia. The gray wolf was once common in Utah, but it was extirpated (exterminated) from the state by early settlers. Recent reintroductions of the gray wolf have occurred in Idaho and Yellowstone National Park, but reintroductions are not currently planned for Utah. Recent reports, however, suggest that gray wolves may move to Utah from surrounding states in the near future.” They may but they haven’t yet.

Girl 2:  “Over the weekend USDA Wildlife Service agents, while out flying around killing coyotes, observed what they think were four wolves or wolf dog hybrids near Springville, Utah. There have been reports of wolves there for the past year and a half. The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources plans to attempt to capture them in the next few days to take DNA samples so that they can determine for sure if they are wolves or not. If they are wolves then they are subject to full protection under the Endangered Species Act because they are outside of the Northern Rocky Mountain DPS.”

Girl 1:  Yeah that is what I was talking about. That was in may 6th or close to there and they said they were a little too far in to be wolves since we don’t have any and they are possibly wolf dog hybrids and it would be the first wolf pack ever in Utah in a long time and There is also the belief that public hunting could reduce the chance of wolves spreading to neighboring states such as Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Colorado so it said they could prevent them from coming in which there aren’t very many now like 4 or so.

Girl 2:  It says there have been wolf reports in Utah for the past year and a half.

Girl 1:  Yeah just of them coming in not actually living here

Girl 2:  No. They have been spotted for a year and a half. They have to be living there or they would only be spotted coming in for like a week or something.

Girl 1:  “In March 19th, 2008 for the first time in almost 80 years, there's a confirmed sighting of a wolf pack in Utah. Five wolves were spotted running in a remote corner of the state.  In recent years, lone wolves have been trapped in Utah twice, but this is the first confirmed pack to enter the state since the last Utah wolves were exterminated in 1930.”   Ok, I think there is wolves in Utah but there isn’t very many of them in Utah... that is my opinion and unless I see it on a news program or on a Utah wildlife page I will not believe it.   Unless I see that they are all over that is what I mean.

Girl 2:  They have been here since 2008 they keep coming back, it’s obviously going to happen.

Girl 1:  Yeah, but not that soon, it will eventually happen.

Girl 2:  Eventually as in pretty soon like one possibly two years.

Girl 1:  Yeah I doubt it will be that soon at least let’s hope so ha ha ha. So maybe I will go hunting next year.

Girl 2:  LOL slight chance Ha ha. “Sightings like these have been happening over the last several years and a pack of 7 ‘possible wolves’ have been spotted in the Strawberry and Heber area.”  That's up north so, maybe they will stay up there for a while I hope.

Girl 1:  Yeah possibly and hope they aren’t wolves and if they are then I also hope they stay up there

Girl 2:  Yeah if not... I'm moving to Hawaii !:)

Girl 1:  Dido.... :) no wolves there!!!! ;)


1 More things to read:

Anisa said...

Huh? Why do these teenage girls care so much about wolves??? I'm super confused!