The other day Sydney dragged me to watch P.S. I Love You at the Cinema 8 here in Cedar City.

And while we were in line to buy some popcorn, I noticed there was a contest to win one of these.
A Yamaha Raptor, and since Sydney was bored, because she was waiting in line, I told her to go and enter that contest. Yes, I know it was not very smart, but I thought the hassle would be worth a Four-Wheeler like that.
So, a few weeks went by and I got a phone call from some guy saying I didn't win the four-wheeler, but I did win a air fair and a 2 night stay in San Diego or a 3 night stay in Las Vegas, and all I had to do was drive to St. George and listen to a 90 minute presentation on what World Mark by Wyndham was all about.
I thought, "Sure why not, I can put up with that and I might be able to use the hotel stay in Las Vegas for work." So last night Sydney and I drove to St. George for our 5 month anniversary and to listen to their little schpeel. Anyway the lady started to ask us what we did for work and I told her, "We are full time students." She was like, "but you do work right?" I said, "Part time, and Sydney doesn't even get taxable wages." Then she asked, "So about how much do you make in year?" I told her, "I think I made about 20,000 last year." She apologized and said, "They should have told you on the phone that you needed to make at least 40,000 a year to qualify for the prize, because we won't do our presentation to people who can't afford to buy our timeshares." "Oh well, they didn't tell me that on the phone." So she gave us a 10 dollar gas card for driving down and sent us on our way. So we went and talked to Mom, told her our story and while we were there I got another phone call from the Wyndham people telling me I had missed my appointment. I told her, "I went there and they told me I don't make enough money to win the prize." She said she was sorry and left me alone. So there you have it we are officially too poor to win a drawing. So if Shellie thinks I'm cheap I can tell I can't afford not to be. And that phone wasn't free with an upgrade by the way you turd. -Logan
7 More things to read:
Oh please - Poor little Logan he is going to graduate in a couple months and going to make three times what he is making now... when me and Lucas first got marride we barley made 800 every two weeks. Let just say you would have been proud, we budgeted down to the penny. I do however remember we would have $5.00 left in our checking account at the end of the month and I would jump up and down and say "were rich, we can rent a movie"-Lucas would almost want to throw up.
Shell
Hey, we've all been there!
Oh, and Sydney, have you proof read this? TOO poor, not to poor. And there could be more.
I am such a sucker for things like that!!! They once called my office (SunRiver) and sucked me in so much that I made an appointment to meet with them and lied about the whole "how much do you make a year" bit because I was going to have Doug lie with me and attend the meeting (as my live in boyfriend...so our two incomes would've equaled around fifty thousand...). We ended up chickening out at the last minute. And that's lame that they just gave you a ten dollar gas card! It costs more than ten dollars to drive to St. George and back! I would've put up a fight!!!
Why does everyone in this family seem to fall for those things. I'm right there with you though, I'm lucky if I can pay for my cell phone. My parents are nice enough to pay it for me.
You could have told them you would be makeing that much in three months.
I hate those things klint puts us in for those but always puts my phone number on it. I heard they put you in a crapy hotel any way!
Post a Comment