
This Christmas tree has been a year in the making. In November of last year it became clear that our "normal" Christmas tree decorations wouldn't work since we have a destructive toddler now:) And I decided I wanted a Cat in the Hat tree. (Is anyone sensing a theme in my life yet?) Anyway, I didn't think of it soon enough to actually pull it off, so last year we had what may be the lamest Christmas tree ever. Just a package of shatterproof balls and some ribbon. This year however, all of my dreams came true. I looked all over the internet for inspiration and I found very little that interested me as far as Seuss trees go. There were very few period. But then I got very lucky one day last spring when I was on a walk with my friend and found a yardsale that had a copy of the game "I can do that!" for $1.00. It was filled with Cat in the Hat paraphernalia. As luck would have it I was able to find 3 more copies of the game at DI over the course of the year (Logan says that must mean the game is pretty lame to play, haha). We reused the coordinating shatterproof ornaments from last year and I bought some nice fat ribbon. To top it all off we borrowed Chapter's Halloween costume hat. Seriously though, this tree makes my heart sing! I'm ridiculous, I know but I get so happy every time I see it! I expect this to be in our tree rotation for many years so come. And the best part is, Chapter loves it and it is completely unbreakable:)
0 More things to read:
Post a Comment