Monday, December 9, 2013

Finally Blogging Chap's Birthday (2 months late)

There isn't a whole lot you can do to make the day more exciting for a 1 year old.  I mean, isn't everything about them all day anyway?  But we did find some ways to have a little extra fun.  
 We met daddy at the park for lunch and Chap ate his first doughnut.  Love his face in that picture!
 We filled his room up with balloons.  I blew them all up and then Logan told me you could do it with an air compressor.  Who knew?  I was lightheaded all day:)  Funny story about the hat.  We were shopping at Target for birthday supplies and we jokingly put this hat on his head.  And he left it there, he even cried when we tried to take it off.  So he wore it all through Target and everyone was telling him happy birthday.  He loves this thing.
 We took him to the park and went down the slide for the first time.  He didn't like it until it was time to go and then suddenly it was fun.
The weekend after his birthday we went up to Elsinore to have the party (on our was to Logan's birthday adventure).  The theme of the party was the "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" book. He cracks up every time we read it. We served monkey bread and his smash cake was decorated like a drum.  He got nearly every Fisher Price Little People set known to man.  So many in fact that I have to rotate them into the closet on a weekly basis to keep myself from going crazy.

Chapter is so much fun.  I really can't express what being a mom feels like to me.  I was given the best little person to experiment on.  He is sweet, he listens pretty well, he thinks everything we do is hilarious.  He "answers" when I ask him questions.  And I adore his little squishy face.  He is the best, and when he gives me a hug I nearly die every single time.  What a boy!

0 More things to read: