Tuesday, December 10, 2013

26

Yesterday was my 26th birthday.  And although I kept up with tradition and took no pictures it was a magical day.  Seriously, probably the best birthday I've had in years, maybe even since my 16th.  Nothing really changed except my attitude.  I know some of you would scoff at me being mortified by the idea of growing older but that has pretty much been my thing for the past several years.  This year I decided that I wasn't getting any younger and I should just enjoy it while it lasts.

I woke up early and went to exercise group at Jaime's house.  I love being able to get some time chatting in everyday while doing something that's good for me.  Chap was well behaved and didn't cause too much trouble.  Next Chapter and I just hung out and I got all the pictures off the camera (felt good to catch up with that).  Then I decided to go Christmas shopping, so we headed out.  We met Logan for lunch at Port of Subs and then I picked up a Dirty Dr. Pepper and Chap and I went to the mall.  He fell asleep there and stayed asleep all the way home and slept in his crib for almost 2 hours.  I wrapped Christmas presents and blogged about his birthday.  When Logan got home he made me homemade shrimp scampi.  So yummy!  Then we braved the freezing temps and went to Target to buy new dishcloths for my birthday.  I got lots of money from family, which I was counting on, therefore I bought a carpet cleaner on Black Friday and I was hoping to get enough to cover that.  I did with an excess!  Not sure what I'm going to buy next though:)  Probably something for Chap since I'm a huge sucker for that kid and I think he needs everything (even though I'm already overwhelmed by what he already has).   I also got an almost one of a kind door mat from my sweet father-in-law.  You see, he delivers for Pier1 and he bought himself this door mat and I loved it.  I told him I did and he got one for me too.  Apparently there are only 2 in the state of Utah at this point (not sure why but that's what the inventory said) and I own one.  I can't wait to try out my carpet cleaner on that spot in the living room that's been driving me nuts for months.  Oh and before Chap went to bed Logan read me the Happy Birthday to You book by Dr. Seuss.  It's our new tradition since Chapter:)

Anyway, it was a spectacular birthday.  I'm so blessed to have Chapter and Logan.  They made me feel so loved and special yesterday. And I don't know if my new chilled out attitude can be attributed to some major breakthrough in my mind or it it's because I'm getting older but my new philosophy is that it's a waste of time to stress all year about turning another year older, when in fact I'm not really that old to begin with.

0 More things to read: