Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I made a floofy thing:)

Today I was eating at 25 Main with some friends and the restaurant had these cute floofy things in the window. I looked at them and concluded that I could make some out of a Styrofoam ball and cup cake liners. I went to the dollar store to look for supplies. I was unable to find cup cake liners, but I did find coffee filters which I thought would work. It would also be cheaper since I could get about a million coffee filters for a dollar versus about 35 cup cake liners at Wal-mart. I headed next door and I bought a 3.5 inch Styrofoam ball at Michael's. Then I went home and went to work.

My supplies:
  • Styrofoam ball ($3)
  • Million coffee filters ($1)
  • Million pins (on hand)
Then I began assembly.

Please excuse the Xbox controller. I enjoy streaming Netflix while crafting:) {Currently playing is a documentary about Ancient Egypt:)}

Directions: Take coffee filter and fold into quarters. Pin in place. Repeat as close together as desired until entire ball is covered. One ball took exactly half of my enormous package of coffee filters.

And eventually, I ended up with this:

The ones at the restaurant had been spray painted, but I kind of like it just white. What do you think?

Of course my door will not be it's permanent location. It just doesn't have a real home yet:) I'm thinking of making more to decorate a certain baby shower I will be throwing in the coming weeks...

Also, I entered this to the Link Love on this awesome blog:)



5 More things to read:

Potters said...

So cute!!! You're amazing. I might just copy you ;)

Lucashell said...

Ok I am super impressed I see stuff all the time that I love but not even close to figuring it out, your super talented....
I love netflix I am begging Lucas to get internet so we can get it again. Hopefully this winter

Moe said...

I can't believe you went home and made that! You are so crazy, it's awesome! :) It turned out really really good.

Anisa said...

Totally cute... and a cheap way to decorate for a shower!!!

Lib-Dawg said...

Oh my gosh how I love that fluffy ball! I'm actually going to that restaurant tomorrow for my first time. So excited. Then I'll get to see the fluffy things with color.