Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Dam Tour

Since I will have to drive through Las Vegas to pick Logan up from his Grand Canyon rafting trip in November, and I have never driven down there, we decided to practice last Saturday. I drove all the way to Boulder City and Logan says I was "white knuckling it" all the way. We survived though, and we went to the Hoover Dam (where I've never been) and took a "Dam" Tour.

It was really cool. We started out by watching a movie which was a little boring, but soon we were on a great big elevator and heading 570 feet down into one the dam.The first stop on our tour was the best stop. We stood in one of the 40 foot diversion tunnels they built to divert the river during construction. It is now where the water flows through in giant a giant pipe.Next was the power plant area with the generators.Then up to the observation deck. Sorry the pictures are so bad, but the sun was shining right in our faces!

Then we headed to Vegas to The Cheesecake Factory. It was yummy! I was eating my salad and I was telling Logan that there was something nasty and spicy in my salad. He tasted the dressing and told me it wasn't spicy. So I ate a little more, and then I decided it didn't matter if it was expensive, it was also too gross to eat. So after Logan finished his meal he decided to tackle my salad. He took a bite and said, "There are onions in this." YUCK!!! I ate onions! At least I know I still hate them raw!

4 More things to read:

Ron and Debbie said...

How come he didn't take you below the dam on a canoe trip to willow beach? Or have you hike into Arizona hot springs, so you could lay down in 120 degree water.

Analeis Paul said...

Cody and I went down there this last spring! It's gorgeous:)

Lucashell said...

So was it bad, the drive freaks me out good thing I am following you! I don't like the cheescake factory I have eaten there 4 times and have had no luck!

Lib-Dawg said...

Looks like fun. I've always wanted to tour the inside of that dam - how much was it? Shellie, you must have not tried their Meatloaf - it's heaven! Also, their banana cheesecake is again, "HEAVEN." I always have good luck there.