Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Merit's Birthday part 2

Our neighbor owns a bounce house business.  Logan knows him from way back, they are the same age and went to school together.  I'm pretty sure our kids think we live next door to a celebrity, they get excited every time they see him drive by with his trailer, or when he has one blown up in the driveway to clean.  They call him "slide guy", "bouncy castle man", and occasionally just Luke (his name).  Anyway, he let us borrow a bouncy castle for Merit's birthday.  I am completely blown away by his generosity and we definitely owe him a batch of cookies (or three).

We got a Costco cake and invited the whole neighborhood down between conference sessions.  We had a pretty steady stream of people from noon until 5:30.  It was probably the funnest and easiest birthday party we have ever had, and the kids were seriously on that thing from 8:00 am when it arrived until 7:00 pm when we finally made them eat.  They passed out in the living room at 7:30 and didn't make a peep until 8:00 the next morning.  Even if we had paid for the bounce house, it would have been worth every penny. I wish I had pictures of all the kids there playing, but I always feel a little like a creeper taking pictures of people, and frankly, I was too busy chatting with other moms and eating cake! My mom and Kristy's family even came for a few minutes, and it was really nice to see them.  Even Logan had a blast, and I went down the slide a couple times.  Chap says he could hear the baby laughing:)







0 More things to read: