Friday, December 11, 2015

Ode to the Corolla

So we decided to sell my Corolla.  It was the smart thing to do and what is best for our family, but that still doesn't mean I'm happy about it.  We really want a van, and this was the best and fastest way to do that, but Logan selling it on my birthday didn't exactly make me happy:)

So this is my tribute to the Corolla.  My Saturn never got a tribute, but hey, this car was family.


This car was the nicest thing I've ever owned and I never really felt like I deserved it since the only reason I got it is because I wrecked my car.  This Corolla took us many places, I grew in this car.  We bought it 5 years ago when I was student teaching.  It took me to countless job interviews, disappointing part time jobs, to the hospital in labor (2 times) and it brought both babies home from the hospital.



Good times Corolla!  You will be greatly missed!

The only thing that made this a little bit easier is that we sold it to a family who was buying it for their missionary who is coming home soon.  They said he's going to college and looking for a "family" car to get married and have a family in.  That made me smile.  I hope my Corolla can be the Ford Escape in his life.  Thinking about that makes me smile.

0 More things to read: