Friday, February 28, 2014

Yard Work (Skid Steer)

Apparently working for an excavation tycoon has its perks.  Logan borrowed a Skid Steer from his boss one weekend in January and ripped our yard to bits:)

Chapter and I headed up to my mom's for the day because we both knew that if Chapter knew Daddy was outside playing, he would think he needed to be to.  I didn't think I could handle keeping him out of the path of destruction, so we left.  Before we left though, Chap went for a short ride.



Logan wasn't exactly stellar at taking pictures once I left, but he ripped out our half of the abandoned ditch that lines our property.  This is huge progress in making our lot more usable space.  It's actually almost a half acre but it feels smaller than a lot of our friends' yards that are much smaller because it's oddly shaped and slope-y.  

Also, check out that sweet block wall and block in the background.  As I mentioned we have a lot of slopes.  My brother bought a house up in Elsinore to flip or rent out and it had piles of this rock in the yard.  We went up one weekend and got it with Ron in his truck.  I'm a little sentimental about it because it's from my hometown.  There are a ton of old outbuildings up there built from this (and even the local landmarks like the white rock schoolhouse and the recreation hall).  Plus it's always nice to have things that remind you of your old hometown in your new one:) 

0 More things to read: