Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chap with Grandpa Cecil




I took Chapter to see his Great Grandpa Cecil the other day it sure was a fun visit.  Cecil will be turning 95 in April and he's Logan's paternal grandfather.  Chapter's middle name came from this line of the family.  Frederick was Cecil's grandfather's middle name too. He also had an uncle named Frederick.  I had better mention that Frederick was also my great grandfather's name on my mom's side.  We loved that it was a name we wanted and it was after two very good men. Cecil's always telling us to remember that his grandpa Benjamin Frederick was the 3rd wagon into St. George when they settled it.  Not necessarily a bad person to be named after, and on my side Frederick was the first person to have a college education and was the superintendent of Garfield County School District.  So basically a very good name.

But I digress.  Chapter liked Grandpa Cecil a lot.  He dept smiling at him and talking.  Cecil like Chapter too and he said he was a fine boy:)  Having Cecil in Chapter's life means a lot to me.  I think it is incredible and wonderful for Chapter to know his Great-Grandpa.  I never even met one of my grandfathers since they both died years before I was born.  That makes if wonderful for me to have Cecil in my life too since he's the only grandpa I've ever had that I knew.  Plus, he's gotta be the cutest old man I've ever seen, and really really with it for a man of his age:) We love you Grandpa!

0 More things to read: