I forgot to mention this really funny story that happened over the 24th of July. Sydney's Mom (Mama Holm) won't eat anything low fat, light, and especially sugar free. She says and I quote, "It taste like NutraSweet, It burns the throat". This happens to be one of my all time favorite Mama Holm quotes, of which there are a few, but I will not disclose them all. At any rate, I have had this Idea in my head to see if she really could "Taste the NutraSweet." You see Mama Holm is an avid Pepsi drinker and she will only drink regular Pepsi, it must be from the can, because plastic tastes bad and aluminum tastes better. So while we were patiently waiting to watch the fireworks hours later we went to "The Sunny" and purchased one can of regular Pepsi and one can of Diet Pepsi, we wanted to do Pepsi Max but "The Sunny" didn't sell it and besides, it was really a battle with the NutraSweet riddled Diet Pepsi.
The 1st Test.
Pepsi vs. Pepsi.
I knew that if we told her there was going to be one diet and one regular she would find one,whether it was there or not. You see, I think this "Burns the Throat" is all in her head. So we opened up both cans so as to let her hear the sound of two cans cracking open and poured two identical glasses, both were filled with good old fashioned high fructose corn syrup regular Pepsi. She didn't disappoint and actually she didn't like either of them particularly well. She even stuck her tongue out at one of the glasses, then she made her choice on the other glass as being the diet, it made no sense, but my theory was upheld. She found a gross one.
The 2nd Test.
Pepsi vs. Diet Pepsi.
I thought to myself that was kind of mean psyching her out like that so I did a real test. I think she must have thought I put diet in both this time around, because they were both still gross. She first tried the diet and said, "Oh! this one is terrible!" then she tried the regular and said, "Oh! this one is worse! This is the Diet." I told her that she was wrong and apparently likes diet more than regular and strangely finds them both objectionable. She didn't see the light from this test, because she still drinks her gross tasting regular Pepsi religiously.
The 3rd Test
Sydney vs. Pepsi
We gave Sydney the real test and she couldn't find the difference, and didn't like either one.
The 4th Test
Logan vs. Pepsi
Sydney gave me a taste test. You see, on occasion I will drink a soda, and one of my favorites is Dr. Pepper. There is a draw back though, when you don't drink sugary drinks they make my throat feel gross and coated. That is why I prefer the Diet Dr. Pepper. Same great taste, fewer calories and no gross throat. There is a slight bitter after taste, but the pros out way the cons. Knowing this about Dr. Pepper, I applied the same principles to the Pepsi. I found that one coated my throat and one did not, but had a slight bitter after taste. I told Sydney my choice for Diet and I was right.
The moral of this story is that Tastes Tests are a fun way to spend a lazy 24th of July afternoon, and all you heavy Pepsi drinkers out there, don't dis on the diet apparently if you drink a lot of soda you can't tell the difference.
P.s. I can't however tell the difference between real coke and cheap coke, my mother proved that to me years ago, but I think they're both gross.
25 Things I love about Paris
10 years ago

3 More things to read:
bahahaha! That is awesome! I have always told Ben how much I hate Mr. Pibb and it is no substitute for Dr. Pepper. In fact if it is the only option (like at Wendy's) I will go with lemonade. He didn't believe I could taste the difference, so one night he went to the convenient store and bought a fountain Mr. Pibb, I took one sip and told him it didn't taste right, no way it was Dr. Pepper. He swore up and down it was. I took a few more sips but then set it aside. He fessed up, he was shocked I really could taste the difference and went back to get me a Dr. pepper;)
Oh, and I love watching the blind taste tests on tv. We watched one that was tap water and bottled water, they tested people coming out of a fancy New York diner and most got it wrong. ha!
I forget you have a blog and need to add it to my list! Loved reading your last 10 or so posts :) And love that you're using the same blessing outfit. Jack's the only son so we get to keep his, but his sisters that have had boys have zero interest and just buy outfits. Boring! ;0)
Post a Comment