Friday, August 17, 2012

#5

First let me open by saying that 5th Anniversaries are for old people:)

Now let's talk about how we have celebrated the last 4, shall we?

Wedding Day doesn't really count as an Anniversary, but we obviously celebrated that with a wedding and a trip to Las Vegas.  Basically the two things that stand out to me the most about our wedding day is being really really happy, and extremely hungry.  Nobody ever thinks about feeding the Bride and Groom:)

#1 was on a Sunday so we cooked dinner at home.  We ate the top of our wedding cake and then went for a walk down by the Virgin River.  Since our wedding we had accomplished a few things.  Logan had graduated from SUU with an engineering degree.  He got a job in St. George and we had moved from our 1 bedroom basement apartment to a very sunny and happy 2 bedroom on the East side of St. George. He'd taken me on my first rafting trip, I was working at Malibu cleaners and had just started school at Dixie.  We were feeling pretty optimistic about the future.

#2 we road tripped to Colorado (so Logan could shop for his upcoming rafting trip).  We went to Arches National Park, Mesa Verde National Park, spent time in Durango and drove through some crazy mountain passes.  I think our actual anniversary was in Grand Junction (probably the most boring day of our trip, haha). Since our first anniversary I had started the Elementary Education Program at Dixie.  Logan was working hard at the St. George airport for insane hours.  I'd been on another rafting trip, but this one resulted in what I consider a near death experience:)  Good times!

#3 We celebrated with another large scale road trip.  This time we went up and visited Lucas and Shellie in Rock Springs and then went up to spend a few days in Yellowstone National Park.  This was before our actual anniversary since I was beginning to student teach in mid-August.  Since our last anniversary, Logan had rafted the Grand Canyon and we hadn't seen each other for two weeks and only talked on the phone once.  While he was gone my mom and I had went to Hawaii. 

#4 This year we celebrated by going for a hike in Zion and eating a Cuban sandwich at The Flying Monkey in Springdale (sadly we don't have a picture with both of us in it).  This had been a very eventful year for us.  I'd started and finished student teaching and graduated.  I'd wrecked my car while Logan was working out of town, and we had moved into this house.  We'd spent the year painting and settling in here. 

#5 is today.  A lot has happened in the last year.  We have still been slowly changing the house.  We realized that everything doesn't always go according to our original "5 year plan" but usually ends up being better than the plan.  Basically we did follow the plan, we're just not as wildly successful and rich as we had originally thought:)  We're still together and happy, we have a house, 2 bachelor's degrees and a baby coming.  I think we've got it pretty good.  And as weird as it is that we have been married for 5 years (hello!  We're so OLD!) I've never regretted it and I know that everything the future holds for us will be even better!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LOGAN!

1 More things to read:

Anisa said...

Old???? Ummm.... ok. Logan might be, but you still are young, Sydney. Happy Anniversary!