Saturday, April 28, 2012

If Libby Can...

My cousin Libby has hiked the strenuous 11 miles to Kolob Arch and ran 3 half marathons on pure will, so I thought why can't I hike up to observation point without any preparation?  The hike is 8 miles round trip with a 2148 elevation gain.  I thought I would do it to try and prepare for my rim to rim hike in the Grand Canyon I have in 7 weeks on June 7-9.  Strangely enough it took me about the same time to up the trail as it did down. 

on May the 12th I'm planning another practice run before the Grand Canyon.  I want to hike UP the West Rim trail.  This is a 14.4 miles hike with an elevation gain of 3140 ft.   The Bright Angel Trail is going to be 9.5 miles with an elevation gain of 4380 ft.  This should be a good warm up to let me know how it will be.  If any one wants to hike the West Rim Trail let me know I could use some company.

0 More things to read: