Monday, December 26, 2011

It took me 30 years.

I've lived here for 30 years and never got around to hiking Angel's Landing in Zion. I've hiked the West rim trail twice now but after hiking 11 miles, was always to tired to venture out on the edge. The switch backs always seemed way to daunting. "It would be like hiking the Navajo loop in Bryce canyon only 10 times worse," I would tell myself. But it was on Sydney's bucket list so we took off with our new camera in tow. Come to find out it really wasn't that bad the trail is paved most of the way and the chain is not that scary, you just need to be patient and take your time. It was cool we got some cool pictures in the end and Sydney was even able to call her mom from up on top and induce a heart attack.



2 More things to read:

Lib-Dawg said...

Well I just might take your word. I've never hiked it, but it's on my bucket list too. Maybe this will be my year to do it also.

Anisa said...

I can't believe that I hiked Angel's Landing before you did:) Weird. Glad you had fun.