Friday, April 1, 2011

The Business of Spring!

Logan has been gone working in Salt Lake all week getting snowed on while I am in Sunny Santa Clara enjoying the marvelous weather! I've been puttering in the yard a little each afternoon, and although I'm not to the point of "loving" it yet, I am enjoying myself.

Here is some of the "news" from the yard.

Yesterday I watered the asparagus. Today I realized I may have made a terrible mistake because this is what I harvested..... Check out that monster on top of the pile!!!!


I bought a bare-root rosebush in January, and this is not it:) It's still lifeless looking, but this is one I bought a couple weeks ago that was not bare-root, and is definitely showing more signs of life.


And this is our sprinkling system! There are still some random dirt piles, but it looks like heaven to me! It will be so nice to water the whole lawn at the same time! I don't know how Debbie did it with a hose for 30+ years.


Well, that's the news here at the Blake's. I hope all of you in colder regions are jealous of my weather! I am getting a little worried though. I don't think I'll develop the heat tolerance I have had in previous years since I'm not working at the Dry Cleaning Inferno... That was one of the major upsides to that job. I'm not complaining though, the weather is so nice!

4 More things to read:

Moe said...

Wow Sydney! I'm proud! That is quite the bucket of asparagus! YUM.

brittney said...

I am jealous about the asparagus!!

For our first home I bought a bunch of bare root roses one year... like eight, I think... and ONE survived... Yeah, needless to say, in our new house I forked out the extra few dollars per plant and bought them later in the year after they had already bloomed.

Kim said...

Spring, oh spring! Sydney you are such a lucky girl :)

Anisa said...

The yard is looking good. You guys are doing a great job!