Monday, May 24, 2010

The North Rim

Yesterday, as we were getting ready for church, we decided to go to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. So after church we packed a lunch and dinner and took off. When we got there it was really windy and cold so we only took the short hike out to Bright Angel Point and spent the rest of the time checking out the amenities and looking for license plates from all 50 states. We ended up finding 35 states + Alberta, Canada.



Me and "Brighty"!

Funny story though. We stopped Jacob Lake to go look in the cute little tourist store and when we were done Logan started driving toward the Grand Canyon. I was like, "Where are we going? I want to see the lake!" Logan looks at me like I'm an idiot and says, "There is no lake. Look it up on Google Maps!" Seriously though, how can there not be a lake at a place called Jacob Lake???

5 More things to read:

Analeis Paul said...

I always thought that was crazy too. Crazy Jacob's lake:)

Lucashell said...

You guys do alot of fun stuff, you have been more places being married to Logan than I have being married to Lucas. I still have never seen the Grand Canyon or Lake Powell these are on my list....

Anisa said...

We need to get out more!

Sounds like fun! Love the impulse drives.

Anisa said...

Oh, and love the top of syd's head on the blog background.

Lib-Dawg said...

Sydney, I'm with you - Jacob Lake doesn't even have a lake? What the....I still need to get to the north rim, you two need to take me sometime...doubt that will happen, but I think it would be fun!