We finally got Dad's boat together. It's come along way since he boat almost a year ago. the trailer was bent and didn't have any lights and the wood on the boat was all rotted. Josh started by getting new wood for the motor mount and sanding the old side boards when I took it over. I took it to Dad's house stained the mount boards and cut the tongue off the trailer. Dad welded a new tongue on and ran the wires for the lights. I painted the trailer and wired the lights up. When i tried to hook up the back corner braces, I found that the side boards were bad and needed to be replaced. Klint hooked us up with some sweet oak boards that he cut to custom dimensions for us, thanks Klint. Then I mounted them back to the boat and it only took all of the smaller clamps that dad and mom had which was 18 by the way and It's back on.
I finished staining them this weekend and we picked the motor up from Josh's and we just have to give a tune-up hopefully and it will be ready in time for "Ice-off." Not going to get to it this weekend though we plan on going to Bass Pro Shops and look for new Fishing Poles so we don't have to put up with the Iron Man thing closing all the roads off.
25 Things I love about Paris
10 years ago
4 More things to read:
What is an Ice-Off?
It's a term Josh uses for when the Ice melts for the first time in the year at the mountain lakes and the fishing is really good.
You like to fish?
Oh and by the way I started the motor yesterday
Post a Comment