Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Halloween 2016

I learned a couple things this Halloween.

#1: You don't do the face painting at the ward carnival.  They got paint on Merit's costume and I ended up staying up the night before Halloween and redoing 1/3 of her candy corn, and of course, it was the hard 1/3.

#2: You absolutely take pictures in the morning instead of right before trick or treating.  With little kids, they are all worn out by the time 5:30 rolls around, and you are wasting precious daylight with the pictures.

This year Chap wanted to trick or treat at Daddy's office, so Logan took candy and passed it out before we came and the kids loved it!  Anisa also invited us to trick or treat at her school and it was AWESOME! The kids got so much candy and had so much fun.  The best thing about this was the kids were dressed up in the morning and I took their pictures.  They turned out priceless!  So much better than in years past.




The theme this year was "Classic Halloween" and I was a total slacker and Logan and I didn't have costumes...I was supposed to be a Jack-o-lantern (I even bought LED lights to "glow" with), and Logan wanted to be a ghost.  Nope.  I ran out of time and energy.  Oh well.

Chap was a bat.  He just had black clothing and I made him wings and ears.  Simple, and he loved it, even if no one knew what he was unless they could see his wings.

Logan was the mastermind behind Merit's costume.  I will admit, I didn't catch the vision at first, but she was the cutest little candy corn anyone has ever seen.  I used a summer dress that fits her to make a pattern for her candy corn dress and she wore a long sleeved white shirt underneath.  I made her hat out of felt, a party hat pattern, stuffing and a headband.  She was so proud of her hat and wore it almost the whole time.

Things to remember from this Halloween? Probably the fact that Merit wouldn't ride in the stroller and insisted on walking and carrying her basket by herself.  She didn't even want to hold hands and a couple times she even ran away and yelled "Catch!". Little stinker.  I'm sure her independence will come in handy someday, but right now it is so frustrating.  Good thing she's cute:)

0 More things to read: