Monday, August 1, 2016

Pioneer Day Parade and Park

As always, we went to the parade in Monroe.  I was actually thinking before the parade that this might be my last one.  I don't live there anymore, and I was kind of thinking it might be best to start a tradition my kids would keep up after they are grown.  (For example, we go to Kanarraville for the 4th because Logan's mom grew up there, but it's kind of weird now that she's gone, and we aren't from there...) BUT, Monroe really came through for me and made me think that we'll keep it up by putting on the best parade I think I've ever been to.  Whoever was in charge of it this year really hit it out of the park.



 Th

Then we went to the park and Chap played games and we rode on the FFA train.
 And did smoke balls with Grandma.
This is one happy monkey with all of his loot!  The amount we got was unbelievable.  Something along the lines of 6 Frisbees, 2 t-shirts, a water bottle, a ball, a bunch of tattoos and wristbands, and SO MUCH CANDY!  I thought Logan was being optimistic when he brought out the Harmon's bag, but that sucker was probably half full of candy.  We should be good until Halloween;)

0 More things to read: