We had a few weird days in our neighborhood in March where there was much more excitement than usual, and not the good kind.
On March 16th at about 11:30 at night we had to call dispatch and report that our across the street neighbors were burning weeds and completely smoking us out. It was so stinky, smokey, and gross and I have no idea why they thought they should go to bed and leave their fire going. I honestly didn't think anyone would come check it out (I honestly didn't think anyone patrolled Santa Clara at night, haha), but a cop went and knocked on their door and had them put it out, in fact 3 cops showed up and a fire truck. That gave me warm fuzzies, and I feel pretty safe now.
Then on the morning of March 18th, there was a house fire in the neighborhood. Merit was in bed with me when Logan left for work and Chap was still sleeping. I swear it was right after Logan left that I heard a siren. In fact, it was so close to when Logan left that I thought maybe he had been pulled over. And then I heard more sirens, and I thought (as I lay there in bed not wanting to wake my baby monster) that perhaps there had been a car accident on the main road and I hoped it wasn't Logan. Then more sirens and more sirens and more sirens. I started to worry because it was close and this "car accident" must be really serious to warrant that many sirens. Then I heard the deep "honk honk" of a fire truck and I got up to see what the heck was going on. I looked out my front door, which would give me the best view of where I thought the car accident would be, and I saw what is probably the most heartbreaking thing I have ever seen, our neighbors house was on fire. I pretty much immediately started crying and I called Logan. It was a very emotional thing to watch, I think that aside from losing a family member, a house fire is everyone's worst fear. I know it's just "things", but it's your things and it all the things you have, gone in less than an hour. Pictures, memories, necessities, all gone in the blink of an eye.
Chapter wouldn't go outside, i thought he would like to see the trucks, but he was so so scared. After things calmed down we went up to see if there was anything we could do, but of course, there isn't really anything anyone can do. It mostly burned their main living area and kitchen, supposedly the bedrooms were okay, but this last Saturday the restoration company took the whole roof off, and the house is completely gutted down to the studs. It was a pretty big deal.
25 Things I love about Paris
10 years ago
0 More things to read:
Post a Comment