We visited with Libby and Paul the other day and she brought it to my attention that I never posted a bunch of the renovations we've been doing to our house.
We're currently in the process of tearing out a wall and that means I'm about 2-3 major changes behind in posting. The exterior was the first MAJOR thing we did, It got started almost 2 years ago (oops!) when we did the roof. I think I posted about that (or not) but I know I never posted the after because the trees grew leaves and obscured the view. Then last spring we painted the trim and the door and that was a huge transformation. I'll throw in a few pictures:)
The only true "before" I have of the entire house, even if the dumpster had already arrived. Notice the chocolate brown trim, the peeling chocolate brown shingles, and, you guessed it, chocolate brown shutters, haha.
The Elder's Quorum from our ward came and helped strip 2 layers of shingles off our house. I would be remiss if I didn't document the fact that the original layer was stapled down, and apparently the staples were in at a variety of angles making it especially frustrating to strip them off.
See, I told you it was a long time ago. Look at my tiny helper monkey:)
Our friends Taylor and Jenny were very helpful with putting the new shingles on. Josh even showed up one night to help. Others who helped were Ryan, our friend Glen, and Ron. I got up there the last day thanks to Anisa being willing to babysit.
Here is a progress shot. (Oh man, all these Corolla pictures are bumming me out :( )
The roof got finished but then the leaves grew in on the trees and obstructed the view for a good "after". Then a year went by and I finally talked Logan into painting the exterior. I don't remember exactly when this was, but we hired Clark (a guy from our ward) to paint it. I think it may have been after I had Merit. That would explain my confusion and no progress pictures, plus I think it was hot outside because I remember giving him drinks because I thought he was going to die. Then we got new black shutters and painted the door red. I was a little worried about doing grey, black and red on a white brick house with brown mortar, but I really love it and I think it looks more modern (even if all the haters wanted us to paint the brick:) OOOH! And you can see my Birthday Boulder in this picture!
We also redid the basement last winter, but I can't take "after" photos right now because all my upstairs furniture is in the basement. I'll get around to that sometime if I remember:)
1 More things to read:
I look forward to more "after" pictures. Just glad I could see the finished basement - that looks AMAZING!
Post a Comment