Friday, October 3, 2014

Chapter turned 2!


I have been dying to throw a Cat in the Hat birthday party for a whole year!  And luckily, Chapter still really likes "Hat", as he calls him.  We invited some of our friends who happen to be the parents of Chapter's friends so it was a fun night for all of us.  We had "Hogogs" (hot dogs), and salads, and cake.  It was the perfect low-key, happy, stress free party.

 I have been dying to make a cake like this.  "You sank our toy ship, sank it deep in the cake."  Love it.

 Getting ready to blow out his candle.
 Sometimes, I love my backyard.  Logan and I had so much fun putting up the streamers.  I bought balloons to blow up and have them just on the grass, but they all popped.  It was so funny, everytime one would pop, Chapter would say, "GOSH!" It was so funny!

Here's the invitation.  We may have gotten a little carried away with the rhyming.


 This is Chapter opening his presents from us.  He got a small table and chairs, a wooden train, some playdough, and a hoodie.  The main gift was his fish.  His birthday fish as he calls him.  I, for some reason, cannot get a decent picture of this fish, but he's in the tank you can see on the far right of this picture, and he is a beautiful Beta named Bruce.  Happy Birthday to my little man.  He sure has made the last 2 years memorable:)

2 More things to read:

Jill Manis said...

My little boys loved the jello and my big boy (Jack) loved the cake :) Oh, and their goodie bags of course! They were so excited to show me everything they got, thanks for inviting them and sorry I missed it!

And congrats on the baby!! I had no idea!

Moe said...

What an adorable party!! Wish I would have been there!