This year I spent Mother's Day Saturday as I have for all of my actual Mother's Days, working on the Young Women's fundraiser. This year we made Oreo truffles and chocolate covered strawberries. It was a huge success as always and pretty delicious if I do say so myself:) While I was up slaving away at Sherry's house Logan went and bought me two rose bushes and planted them. They don't have any flowers on them right now, or I would have taken a picture, but I am really excited. This brings our rose bush count up to 10. Someday I may have enough to be satisfied.
I must admit though, that having a kid that can make stuff is awesome on Mother's Day. Chap made me something in nursery that absolutely melted my heart. It is literally the best present I have ever been given.
Being a mom is something that I think about a lot, and something that I worry about a lot. Am I loving him enough? Do I hold him, talk to him, tell him I love him enough? Do I truly "nurture" him as God intended? The list is endless. I have learned so much from being a mom.
Am I the only one that has deep thoughts before falling asleep and then can't remember them when they wake up in the morning? One night as I was trying to sleep I started thinking about it, about motherhood, or parenthood really. And I had profound thoughts that I can't quite remember. But something along the lines of how parenthood is a gift that was (at least I think so) designed to teach us about our Heavenly Parents, and about their love for us. Everyone says that you don't understand love until you become a parent. I believe that is true. I love Logan, don't get me wrong, but the love I have for Chapter is all encompassing, it's consuming, and it's beautiful. It's incredible to have a love that would make you want to give up your career, and your wants, needs and desires, your very identity to trade it in for a little man who is beautiful in every way. A little man you would gladly die for, the little man that you live for his smiles and hugs and kisses. Being a mother changed me in ways I never expected. But I'm a better person, I'm more loving and more open, and I'm pretty sure my heart has grown at least a couple of sizes.
0 More things to read:
Post a Comment