Monday, November 5, 2012

Chapter's Blessing Day

 Yesterday was Chapter's blessing.  Chapter wore the outfit that Logan wore when he was blessed.  We also used Logan's baby blanket.  I made the shoes he wore.  It was really touch and go to see if Chap would fit into this outfit.  He gained 3 pounds in the first 4 weeks of his life so I was a little worried.  Logan was a small baby and Chapter is not:)  Logan also wore his "special occasion" tie which is ugly:) He claims he wore it to the temple when we got married and on other special occasions but I really don't think he did, of course I could have been so deliriously happy that I didn't notice his ugly tie, but I digress...

It was an exciting day.  Chapter only whined a little during the blessing, which was wonderful.  He was blessed to have common sense, happiness and a good work ethic among other things. Logan did a great job:)   We had family over afterward for ice cream sundaes with all the fixings and it was so much fun.  Chapter got passed around to all the relatives and got pretty worn out which worked in my favor:)
I'm so glad that I'm married to a man who holds the priesthood and can bless me and our children.  That was something that was very important to me when I chose a person to marry.  I didn't have that growing up and I'm go glad that my children will.  

5 More things to read:

The Jackson Three said...

What a sweet little guy!!!

Kim said...

He is so cute!!

Anisa said...

I haven't blogged in forever... he's already growing up so fast! Cute little boy!

Lib-Dawg said...

OoOoOooOoOooohhhhh! I had no idea that outfit was Logan's. That makes the day even more special! I'm glad I could come to the blessing, and as soon as student teaching is over can I come hold him all day long please?????

Julie said...

He's so stinkin' cute! You and Logan are lucky parents. Wish we could see him in person!