Friday, September 28, 2012

Baby Shower

This is very much belated, but since I still haven't had the baby I thought I'd kill some time blogging about my baby shower.  I had one thrown for me in June by some sweet ladies in my ward.  And then over Labor Day my adorable sisters-in-law threw me another one for family and close friends.  The theme was Dr. Seuss, which was so fun because I love children's books.  
I stole these pictures from Anisa since I'm not cool enough to remember a camera:)

 These were the invitations, they were like library cards with a cute little poem requesting that guests bring a children's book instead of a card.  We got some really nice books which I'm sure our little baby will enjoy very much!
 This was the food table.  All the foods were Dr. Seuss themed and really fun.  We had: Cat in the Hat fruit kabobs, Hop on Popcorn, Thing 1 Thing 2 cupcakes, Truffala Seeds (skittles), Green (deviled) eggs, and Ham (sandwiches), and yummy Pink Ink punch.

So much work went into this and I really appreciate it.  None of my family were able to make it since my mom got the flu, my oldest sister was hospitalized due to complications from a surgery earlier this summer, my other sister was also sick and none of my nieces can drive:) There were still a ton of people who attended.  Most of Logan's aunts, grandma, and cousins were there and my friends Moe and Jessica.  It was a lot of fun, and Baby Blake made a haul:) I think this kid's gonna be just fine with so many people who love him, now if he'll only decide to be born!

That night Logan had a "Dad-chelor" party thrown by Lucas.  

This is the only picture I have of the occasion.  Logan, Lucas, Ryan, Ron, and Craig (and possibly others, I wasn't there) went to Mesquite and ate at a buffet and then went skeet shooting somewhere along the highway on the way back.  The whole time all I could think about was how funny it would be if they got pulled over.  Imagine a minivan filled with men and fire arms:) Haha!  It was a fun and busy weekend, thanks to everybody who spent so much time planning it!

1 More things to read:

Anisa said...

I loved the Dr. Seuss baby shower.. so fun.. Can't wait to meet the baby.